Find a Program or Event
Whether you’re interested in attending a thought-provoking presentation or a living history event, you’ll find several ways to learn more about local history by attending an event or a PDHS program.
See our events calendar for the latest events and programs.
Attend a Sunday Afternoon Program
Join the members and friends of the Pond Dakota Heritage Society for thought-provoking presentations. Learn more. Topics include:
- Native American history and culture
- Revitalization of the Dakota language
- Christian missionaries to the Dakota, including Samuel and Gideon Pond
- The contrasting cultural and religious viewpoints of whites and Native Americans
- The natural history of the Minnesota River Valley
- The U.S./Dakota War of 1862
Visit Programs page.
Immerse Yourself in a Living History Event
The centerpiece of the park is the historic Gideon and Agnes Pond house, built in 1856. Learn more about the house. The house is open on Sunday afternoons from 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Guided tours of the house are available. Check the calendar for tour times.
Visit Events and Activities page.